Tuesday 20 March 2012

Its Been a Mowing Day

On a beautiful day -the first of Spring- I have mown the outfield in checkers just to celebrate.
The season is getting nearer.
I just cant wait to get a pitch cut out but my Paladin -pitch mower-is not yet back from servicing, it is due back on Friday. Today I am just going to post a load of photos for you all to enjoy.

Then when you think every thing is going swimmingly
This happens I snapped the pull string on the Mastiff. So I had to retrieve my cord from the scorebox as it was been used as a pull cord on one of the numbers.
When I got it repaired I cut the net area and gave it a bit of roll.


I think someone once told me this is what you should do set out your pitches.
Are they straight?


I have plastic peg in indicating the edge of each pitch IE at ten foot centres. I let the candidates from the IOG Spring Course check to see if they have moved over the winter time or with spring rolling -for now they look OK.


Here you can see the pegs I use. If any of you want some let me know  they are £0-18 each plus VAT and postage which is not much as they are very light.


One look back at my days work and its home I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment