Monday 16 September 2013

6th Break-in

Our Season ended last Saturday so I have been trying to get as much loam out as possible before I start on Autumn renovation. So I thought I would get my loam from yard to ground which I did about lunch time today. 
This is what I found when I got to the club.
The sixth break-in since April.
 We are trying to get security on the inside of the windows but every time this happens it takes us that much longer to save up and with the season ended now bar takings will be much reduced.
I hope our local MP Rachel Reeves will be able to help out by "lobbying" the new Police Commissioner.
We are a community Cricket Club serving the people of Kirkstall  and crimes like this are a constant drain on time and club resources as well as having an effect moral. 



Another window to board up.
The Bradford League finished the week before us so I was able to get a couple or square completed last week.

Jobs are never without there problems here I had a broken tungsten Scarifier blade so had to move the remaining one down so I didn't have a gap.
The following day I broke another so ordered a new set from Sisis at a cost of £323.95 plus carriage of £15.00 and vat total Invoice for £406.74 
I hope my customers understand that when I come along and work on their grounds I have to charge what I do in order to keep my expensive machinery going and make a small profit cause without a profit I wont be around next year.


This was about a third of what we got out of the square.

I got my two of the square practise pitches scarified and top dressed. The seed is coming through as I make this post.

I have had my colleague Martin down to spray off five pitches in an attempt to get rid of the Poa Annua  Annual Meadow grass that weed grass that all groundsmen hate.
Here you can see two of them.
Last Friday before the final game of the season I got the square cut right down as far as the mower would go. The lines you can see are from the raking I did in order to lift the grass to present it better to the mower and to lift the horizontal growth.

The final 1st team game for Kirkstall was at Steeton and as is usual I went along to watch, while walking down the lane to the club I couldn't help but notice how good the football pitch looked.
I don't know who the groundsman is but I was impressed with his work.
Well done Sir.






I got the feeling of Deja Vu when I saw the square this morning surely we can't have another autumn like 2012
Off to bed now.
Hodgy

2 comments:

  1. We have had two breakins this last week at Lightcliffe CC. The gate mans hut entered through the roof and the garage where I keep the outfield mower. Nothing taken but loads of damage to repair. Have a good nights sleep Hodgy. Rod Heyhoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it the damage they do that's an absolute pain.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete