Monday 5 May 2014

So Long

I can't believe how long its been since I last posted. Allsorts has happened in that time, so for now I will post a number of photos and I am afraid you will have to imagine what each one is about apart from the odd comment.
 I hosted the IOG Foundation course back in April below are a few photos of the day.

 The two Yorkshire IOG stalwarts Rod Hayhoe and David Robinson, who assisted me on the day thanks guys
  
Jason Booth and Ian Powell came along to support along with Ian Mather-Brewster who was the course lecturer for the day. All three now employed by the IOG Jason being the head man.
I have cut and pasted the next bit because its so loooooooong.

JASON BOOTH APPOINTED NATIONAL MANAGER FOR GROUNDS AND NATURAL TURF IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME





After the course had ended I opened up my ground for anyone who wanted to see how I was doing with so seed trials I am running. 
We had a good turnout for both events some 24 on the Foundation part A and 20 to see the trials so I had a very busy time of it.
The seed trials are in conjunction with Hurrells Seeds of Driffield Nick Gladstone company MD came along to offer advise and assistance.






 My first Pitch after 4 games one more with Leeds Met Ladies then out of play and repair I think.
This is interesting as it is the first pitch I have cut out which had been sprayed last autumn and sown with one of the new cultivars in this case Colosseum I am pleased with it. It has a good even cover apart from some Fox damage which is a nuisance no meadow grass and the surface was very clean I didn't have much raking out to do.



Three more photos of the Colosseum pitch it will be used for this coming weekend for the first team against Ilkley who have just gained promotion and are riding high at the top of the league after three games, Still a long time to go I think we are fourth.
I will do some more brushing and rolling to which will get rid of the lines and firm it up a little more there is still moisture underneath.
Till next post.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment