Tuesday 25 March 2014

Hectic

Well I had my week in the sun now things are hectic on my return Rolling needs completing orders stacking up, and my old pal Henry at Farsley needs a helping hand. 



Local Fishermen sorting the nets I hope they do better then our cricketers.

Catch of the day Tuna fish.

Cape Verde is off the cost of Africa further south than the Canary islands this is the it is an archipelago of 10 islands this is the Island of Sal -meaning salt- it is not green as the name suggest but desert like as the soil is too salty to grow most things in. Some of the other islands are green they are all volcanic of course.
Above is the only lion I saw the hills in the back ground are the sleeping lion of Sal. We went on a jeep trip and pretty much saw all the island in 5 hours. 



Some of the seed under the trees by the drainage work I have been doing just emerging when I got back.



In between the hail and rain showers I have been getting as much rolling in as I can.
On Sunday I got rained off so went in my green house repotted some Chrysanths and took some more cuttings.

Cuttings just taken in the propagator don't forget to put the lid on.

Rooted cuttings potted on I will end up with more than I can grow but then I will keep the best and give away the rest if I can find a happy home for them.
Also on a wet Sunday afternoon I completed the work refurbishing the Sisis Lawnman as you will have seen from my previous post. 
I was very impressed with the response I got because it sold within 12 hours. 
The power of this blog never ceases to amaze me. 
Do you think I should allow Google to advertise on it?

The chaos that is my garage.


The completed machine with the brush it also has the rake attachment its old but because of the quality is still a better machine than Sisis make today in my opinion.


Yesterday morning after taking delivery of grass seed I had to go collect some parts I was having machined from the engineer. In doing so I passed the iconic building of the Yorkshire Post.... Yorkshires National Newspaper and though its is not pleasing on the eye I was saddened to see it is being demolished.
Well thats progress and we all have to except change so I am constantly being told.


 I know by the stats that a lot of you view this blog so the odd comment, good if possible or at least sensible would be encouraging for me to continue spending my time doing it. 
If you are not already why not follow me?

Thats all I have time for at the moment folks its raining so into my garage get building Magic Sponges 
Don't forget to put your clocks forward an hour on Sunday
Let British Summertime Begin
Hodgy

5 comments:

  1. I read your blog on a regular basis, its an enjoyable to read and valuable insight into your work, pls keep it going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous thank you very much for your comments.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also read the blog regularly David, would love even more updates if possible but understand you're a very busy man! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous thanks for comments. I would like to update more often but it takes some time uploading photos then sorting them, making up the odd comment. It maybe would be easier to post more frequently but in smaller chunks I will might try that and see how it works out. I am not a young man and when I get home I often have my tea then fall asleep watching television as I did tonight watching Countryfile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete