Tuesday 21 August 2012

Couple of Deliveries

Now that the loam has arrived I have made a start on a couple of deliveries. The cost of Boughton Loam the one I sell more of than any other has gone up by 30-35pence a bag so in order to get the best deal I could I had to take delivery of and pay for it in August and as I said in an earlier post last week I took delivery of 56 tonne so the sooner I can get it out the better. 

 My first delivery was to Harewood House the ancestral home of the Lascelles
Above is the new Pavilion put up a few years ago.

 Their old Roller.

 Square need a bit of work doing on it. Around 20 years ago I cut the turf off this square -like we now do with the Koro- and I relayed it, sadly Harewood St Georges the team who play do not have the resources to maintain it in a proper fashion.

 Hare wood House which is around eight mile from Leeds city centre is a release point for Red Kites and there were around eight flying over the grounds as I was there.

I have included this photo of the old horse chestnut tree as it appears to have a problem it has already shed most of its leaves, may be it needs taking out.

 From Harewood it was off down the road to Pool to start preparing the first team pitch for a week on Saturday. The square had been recently fertilised including the pitch I was working on so it may be a green one we shall see.
 I love the new pavilion sadly it is the football changing room only I think it would have made a superb cricket pavillion.

I used the Sisis Rota Rake with the brush fit to clean out the base and present the grass for mowing.

 Then it was back to Kirkstall to face up a pitch for training, I usually cut the outfield on a Tuesday as well as Friday but I had no time to do that today and look how untidy it is looking already.

 Good enough for a net session.

Storm clouds gathering, as I left the ground I got a few very large drops of rain on the screen before I had gone a hundred yards more the heavens opened and the roads were awash.
I went down to the yard to load up to go off on my next delivery up Nidderdale to Glasshouses just south of Patley Bridge a wonderful part of the world. Just a few minutes after I got there this happened.

Its not a swarm of Locust.





I love it up here and would be very happy living here.

Within a few minutes the rain had passed and every thing was restored to normal.
I find this time of year quite stressful however when I visit places like this -where life for some reason seems much more "simple and relaxed"- it is like a tonic.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment