Tuesday 7 August 2012

Its Been a Long Time

Well guys I feel I have neglected you for far too long.

Since my last post I have had two days at the Test Match at Headingley watched a "few" Olympic events and made a some pitches, guess that just about sums things up. All in all these things have occupied my mind, I think I said when I started this blog that I would post as often as time permits.
Anyway I am sure you have all been/are enjoying the terrific success of the Olympics so not missed my updates.
What about these Brownlee boys from Leeds? Terrific!

I hope the government see the benefits of investing in sport and continue to do so, a little cash to
Kirkstall Educational Cricket Club would not go amiss Mr. Cameron, then I could relay some pitch with 4" of clay loam instead of the 2" I have at the moment.

We are still getting very heavy rain showers here in Leeds and I got rained off today while I was raking a pitch out and had to tell the lads that there would be not grass nets today. I have offered to get a grass pitch ready on the square for Thursday evening, the weather looks set fair now for a few days.





As reported last post I am still having problems with my camera so have not taken many images recently, I now have a Samsung smart phone which take good pictures but as yet not sorted out how to down load I think I need to down load a new program first, so will do that when I have some time. 
I have tried again to night to clean the lens/mirror to get rid of the awful spot.


A couple of views of the pitch, this was for Saturday the 28th July it had a good cover but I just couldn't get it as dry as I wanted too but it played well and there were around 450 runs scored so it wasn't so bad.

Today I had a visit from Simon Hardcastle the rep for Everris I am doing some trials with Primo Maxx the growth regulator on my square so he was interested to see how they were coming on. I am looking at using some of their fertilisers I will keep you posted on that.

Today I also placed an order for my first two deliveries of Loam {if you don't know I sell loam, seed, fertiliser, etc}  that is 56 tonne of Boughton Loam if any of you are interested in a quote please let me know and I will be only too please to oblige. 
I have been asked just tonight to cut an outfield so I will have that to fit in to my week as well as some work at Pool Cricket Club, a first team pitch to make, the ground to prepare and some more Olympics to squeeze in.
Till the next update
Hodgy
PS The boys are very very keen on me cutting the Olympic Circles in to the outfield for the weekend watch this space or follow me on Twitter @hodgyleeds

No comments:

Post a Comment