Wednesday 25 July 2012

Rare Sight

Monday I was up at Pudsey Congs repairing some warn out pitches. I took my Groundsman spiker with the cluster tines fit and gave four pitches a good session picking 1/4" hole to about 5/16" deep to create a seed bed. I then seeded and gave them a light top dressing the ends had already been brought up level so that was a job I didn't have. They just need to be kept damp now for the next seven days or so.

I forgot my camera so no pictures I am afraid. Talking of my camera I still have not replaced the broken lens and have now dropped it -my camera that is- for a second time and have broken my distance lens, it still works to some extent. I am coming round to thinking that I will have to buy two new lenses and a new compact camera just for this blog.
Monday when I got back from Congs I raked out and cut a new pitch -yes I know its late- for the first team this weekend.



 Above are some views of the repairs I completed two weeks ago as you can see I am getting some grass cover back now and if you view from the boundary it looks green.
Tuesday I got the square and the outfield cut did some tidying up jobs and put the water on! Yes put the water on!
 A rare sight this summer.





Because the weather has been so wet and the practice net area is on the lowest part of the field there have been long periods of time when I just couldn't get on to mow or do any other work the result is that I had a Tuesday when the sun was out and no grass pitch to practice on, so I made and exception and refaced the pitch that the seconds had played on at the weekend and allowed the guys to use that. I got a couple of thanks so it was appreciated, at least in some quarters.

{Sorry all, I never know when it should be Practise or Practice.}

 Now how do we put these things up?
 Not there yet.
On a fine sunny evening they get there at last. Don't forget to sweep it when your done! Ho and mind you don't let the spikes in the bottom of the posts rip chunks out of the square, or I will be cross!
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment