Friday 18 January 2013

A Dry Day or Two Before the Snow

 Last Wednesday the 9th January saw me at Pool Cricket Club spiking the square.


Down at Pool they have a problem with Rabbits so they fence the square off as can be seen above. I was particularly pleased because they had left me a turning circle at the end so I could turn the spiker round with out damaging the end pitches, as can be seen above.

Thursday I spent with my artist colleagues painting well trying. People say Oh painting that must be very therapeutic but believe me it is a constant struggle, good for the grey matter.
Below is a painting I did back in 2008 or 09 it was rejected from an exhibition, it was one of a series of cow paintings, at a time I was thinking about the changing countryside and the effects of regulations from Brussels and that in future we may not see cows in the fields.

 
"Mucky Face"
Friday I took delivery of my new fertiliser spreader and fertilised my square at Kirkstall.

It came flat packed, so I had to assemble it, here it is in my garden all ready for the off.
The metal work is stainless steel and as you can see has pneumatic tyres with deflector plates if required if not they can be lifted out of the way. I think it is ok and will do a job but I think the name not very imaginative. What do I expect from the Chinese?
Saturday I went off up to Pudsey Congs and had a Cricket Meeting at Kirkstall in the evening, Sunday was my day of rest, 
I am getting old.
I forgot to mention on Wednesday night I attended the AGM of the Leeds/West Yorkshire Branch of the IOG the committee got voted in enblock so that means I remain Vice -deputy-whatever- Chair (that's at least two more meeting a year)
Keith Boyce or president gave us a talk and as always is very entertaining and encouraging.

Keith making his presentation at IOG Branch meeting at Cleckheaton sports club.
It was good to see some younger members present and Ryan Goulding from Headingley getting the annual branch award for his services to groundsmanship over the year. Ryan is a member of the IOG Board of Young Directors. Well done to him.
 Monday it started to snow. Here are the grass seed trials, just growing away slowly in the outside in my garden.




Woodhall Hills Golf Club, (between Leeds and Bradford) Monday

Bleak!

Friday morning I am at home waiting for more snow it came some last nigh and more is forecast today.

I am looking forward to attending the BTME Exhbition in Harrogate next week I will be there Tuesday and Wednesday. I will be able to catch up with some old friends and see what is new in the industry.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment