Sunday 6 January 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year all I hope you have had a good Christmas and New Year and are ready for the challenges of 2013 
Things have been a little difficult since Christmas for me my wife Anne got the Flu no not man flu something much more serious woman flu and has been in bed or just laying on the settee for over a week now. I must say that I am not the best at house work washing and clearing away decorations my cooking is ok I have managed to get along and do my best. I hope she appreciates it! 
My PC got a serious various that I cant fix it was very slow anyway and I was getting pages that were not responding so frustrating, so I think it is time for a new one. I am posting this via my Laptop.

Then on New Years Day I got the very sad news that one of my very best pals Tony Harrison had passed away. We played cricket together at Woodhouse Cricket Club. He was the manager of the junior team my lads played in at Alwoodley C C. We went on holiday as families together. He was a fellow founding member of "Dads Army" the famous indoor cricket team we and our lads played in for years at the Cricket School at Headingley. In recent years I would see him most Saturdays in the Summer when Steve was playing for Kirkstall. Tony was decent Cricketer, a Golfer, Skier, and when after radio therapy he couldn't play golf he turned him self into a mean Crown Green Bowler. Quite simply Tony couldn't live without sport in his life he was out bowling on Boxing Day and I think the day after.
Tony I will miss you Old Pal. 

Today Sunday is the first day I have got out to do any work although I did pop up to Pudsey St Lawrence to fertilise the square last Wednesday. It was back up to Lawrence today to spike the square. It was very wet and the wheels made some marks in places however I had to get it done.





Above are the only photos I took. The forecast looks ok (apart from cold at end of week not much rain) for this next week so I hope to get stuck in I have a lot to do. 

Just remembered IOG branch AGM  on Wednesday we have been let down by our original speaker so our president Keith Boyce Ex Test Groundsman from Headingley is to give us a talk. Keith is always very interesting to listen to so I am looking forward to that.

I will try and keep you all posted.
Off to watch the Darts now.
Hodgy


No comments:

Post a Comment