Thursday 7 February 2013

Waiting for Spring

Well the winter is still in full flow here in Yorkshire this week we have had rain, hail, snow, and a wind blowing straight from the Arctic ho! and a little sun.
The result of this is that I have not been spending time at the ground but doing other things of  little interest so no updates. 
Last Saturday a few of us met at the club and started to get some work done in preparation for the season below are a couple of photos.


 Mike our new cricket chairman taking on his resposibilities painting the passageway I must also point out his was assisted by Jos who is camera shy.

  
We have got a grant for some fencing work so Tom one of our members who has experience in such work has been involved re fencing the outside boundary. It looks impressive and will stop a lot of balls getting through the hedge on to Queenswood Drive. Top effort Tom only another 200 metres to go now! Please keep it on budget.
Tuesday and Wednesday have been days mainly of meetings Yesterday I was with Hurrell and McLeans Director Nick Gladstone negotiating prices for seed for this season be prepared it has gone up but they do all they can be forward ordering to keep the increase at a minimum.

If any of you out there want seed prices for 2013 let me know and I will be pleased to quote you, I buy a lot of seed and can offer favourable terms for delivery anywhere in the country. 
You might be surprised give me a go!
 I can have special mixes made up to your requirements
Don't forget the "Cold Start" Topgun - Colosseum mix for your weak pitch ends. 
In stock now.
Wednesday I had meetings with Jonatham Latham from AJ Lawncare Phil Mottershead from 
Brushes North West and Ian Mather-Brewster from the IOG/ECB turned up.
So as anyone who knows me will confirm a lot of talking and not much work today as well.


I made one delivery when every one had departed, of a new Drag Brush that Phil dropped off, a bag of Autumn and Winter fertiliser and some Carbendazim just keeps the till ticking as it were.

 The rail viaduct on the line to Harrogate from Leeds with Almscliffe Crag in the distance.




 Almscliffe Crag in the distance a place I have painted on many occasions.

 St Peters Church Arthington.

Snowdrop what I call the first flowers of the year, if you see any please enjoy them they will soon be gone.


 The journey to the Market Town of Otley -where I made my delivery- is always a delight passing through some beautiful country. 

The redundant and re-sited Victorian post box now on the side of the Village Hall at Arthington.
I love my job getting to go out on little trips like this on a sunny day. 
We are so fortunate living in Leeds with this landscape so near to hand. Some times you just have to stop get out of the vehicle and be a part of it, breath in the air, take in the vista it is a treat for the senses.
Looking forward to tomorrow Thursday its a Painting day first job is to call at the picture framers he should have a couple of works framed. I will try include them in my next post.
Sorry no ground stuff but I just wanted you all to know I am still around.
Keep the piece
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment