Wednesday 6 March 2013

Pudsey St Lawrence in the Mist

I went up to Pudsey St Lawrence today to over seed their square after the bad Autumn/Winter left poor germination the square is surrey loan which is heavy and slow to warm up. 
It was misty in Leeds this morning as you can see.

 As my colleague Iain had borrowed my Sisis Veri Seeder to seed at Sessay -see earlier post- had offered to do the job for me while he had the seeder on his tractor and was returning it to me.
So I met Iain and Philip his right hand man up at the Lawrence ground at 11-30 after I had to guild him in 
-no sat-nav.
Prior to their arrival I cut the square in two directions with my Mastiff and when they had done I fertilised the square too.

 In the two photos above you can see the dimples the seeder makes I asked Iain to go over the square once before we put the seed in just to get more of the dimples to receive the seed. 
He then went over it twice in different direction with the seed. 
Just need some gentle rain and warmth now.




When we finished it was off down to Kirtstall and he did some seeding there for me before we put the seeder away. 
It was off to deliver some seed and fertiliser after that.

Groundsman tip:- I have a small pond in my back garden where the frogs come and spawn, normally there would be spawn by now but not yet this year I think they know more than we do I think that winter is not quite done yet. 
Indeed the forecast I heard at lunch time today said that there could be some flurry's of snow on Sunday.
Always observe nature it tells us so much.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment