Friday 22 March 2013

What is This Weather All About?

A long time since my last update. 
I have not had much to report in all honesty It has meant that the post regarding the IOG groundsman course at Kirkstall  C C has been front page for a while giving every one a chance to see it. 
It is fast filling up so if you intend to come along please register soon to avoid missing out.

 The ground on Monday this week Light covering of snow



A few week ago Anne arranged for us to go up to the Lakes for a few days,when I first learnt of this I was concerned that I would be too busy and would be worried that I wasn't getting on with things at the ground. Well I needn't have worried as it turned out. The weather in the North has been just awful for this time of year.



After the snow had gone on Monday what was left water every where.

We went up to Grasmere on Tuesday and we had snow on the tops. Wednesday was damp and
Thursday was a sunny day but with a bitterly cold wind.
Then overnight Thursday we got the snow pictures below.

The road from Keswick to Grasmere  on Thursday.

Louise feeding the Robin in the Church Yard Grasmere the burial place of William and Dorothy Wordsworth  I wonder if he knew such March weather?
View from the Hotel window this morning.



Random shots of Grasmere this morning.

Sorry no ground work but thought I should let you know I am still about just waiting for Spring. 
Sunday morning I am helping my old friend Keith Boyce with a presentation to the Wetherby Cricket League groundsmen at New Rover Cricket Club Leeds. 

When the weather looks up it will be all go, I really do feel for armature groundsmen who only have odd times when they can get out on their fields.

I hope that the all involved in Cricket will allow for the weather that we have had over the last year before making judgement on the ground conditions.

Still waiting
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment