Sunday 16 February 2014

Busy Times for the Winter

As some of you will be aware we had ten break ins at my Club, Kirkstall Educational Cricket Club since April 2013. I discovered all ten and it knocks the stuffing out of you. 
We made a decision to go to the media as police results were not what we were hoping for. Well since then my feet have barely touched the ground with visits by local press and radio, visits by the Crime Reduction Manager and visits by local tradesmen to quote for security and replacement work we need doing. Visits by the YCB Development Manager and numerous visits from BBC Television who are filming for a program that is to go out some time in April this year, about the effect of  break-ins on the community.
All of which has meant that the time on the ground has been limited to say the least.

 I sowed some Grass Seed I am trialing. Yes its in the greenhouse on the propagator but it not turned on.
I just want to see what this cultivar is looks like so felt it was ok to grow in doors which will help me evaluate sooner. It is a DPRG that Hurrells are about to sow to produce seed on their own farm in East Yorkshire. 


I am on with refurbishing a Sisis Lawnman here I have just spray painted some of the components. It will be for sale when I have completed the project.

In common with the rest of the country we had gales last week and this is the result, so some work required there. Maybe a Cricket Force job?

Friday saw Club Chairman Nick and myself pay a visit to see our Patron and local MP Rachel Reeves. To update her on recent developments at the club regarding mainly to the break-ins 
This is the waiting area in Armley library.

Heres a photo of us with Rachel back in October last at the Ground.

After seeing Rachel it was off up to Pudsey St Lawrence to give the square a bit of a winter feed.

 Two bags of Autumn and Winter with Iron should help the square along a bit.


The square wasn't looking too bad, I hope roots are growing well.

They also have some work  for Cricket Force weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment