Friday 21 February 2014

Visit to The Shay

A bit Wet.
++++++
Well in many ways a very frustrating week. My carrier will now only take pallets and I had two small parcels to send. I won't go into the full story but a as a small customer I had to use an intermediary company and I choose PARCEL MONKEY I type this in bold as they are a company to avoid. The process of booking parcels in is mindblowing. I wanted to drop off at the local depot as I didn't want to sit in all day waiting for collection and they sent me to a depot of City-Link that is now closed and you cannot contact Parcel Monkey by phone. 
Just a part of modern day living I hate its all about money. 
I am getting hot under the collar just typing this so I will leave it at that. 
Parcel Monkey I don't like you.
Rant over.
On Wednesday I had to go down to ground to accept a delivery and I needed to draw a plan of the place for a quotation we are having done for some security work that took me a good hour the sun was out but sadly the ground was still too wet to work on.

Time to remember my days as an Apprentice Engineer in the drawing office. 
We had an old draftsman who had his drawing board at the back of the office, as you came in the office you could not see him for the drawing board. From time to time mid afternoon you would hear snoring noises coming from Syd's direction at the back when I took him his afternoon tea he would wake up with a jump.When we teased him about it he said he was just thinking about a design problem and was just visualising how thing might fit together.
A lovely man Syd Taylor.
I digress.


A few branches and twigs to clear away one day.
+++++++++

Wednesday night I had the pleasure of a trip around "The Shay" Halifax Town football and Rugby League ground with the Yorkshire Branch of the IOG. Thanks Rod and David for organising and thanks to Ozzy for letting us look round and his informative talk.

 Ozzy in full flight with his talk.

 As soon as you put any weight on the turf  a puddle appeared.

 We were all allowed on the pitch which really give an insight it to the problems he has to cope with.

   
There is no drainage on the playing area at all yet the ground has new stands with a substantial capacity but  they have no games to watch at the pitch is unplayable.
When will groundsmen be consulted and listened to before construction starts?
I forgot to say the old drains where cut off when the new stand was built.
Because there are two codes using the ground and the owner is Halifax Council agreement on who pays what is not happening.


Because of cash restraints Ozzy has to resort to scrounging old swimming pool covers to use as sheets to try keep the rain of the wettest areas.
What a struggle and what a battler Ozzy is.
Graham Osbourne  I take my hat of to you.

Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment