Friday 20 July 2012

Back to the Grind and Rain

After my few days away in the Lakes I got back Thursday afternoon and headed off down to the ground to find that nothing changes.
I asked if some one could cut the practise area as I had been unable to do it cause of the bad weather before I went but it never happened it was as I left it but twice as long so I had to cut it with the rotary mower.

As I said nothing changes, score board and bowlers markers left out from Junior game either Sunday or Monday, as I said the last time I posted this I only wish the Juniors and managers would take possession of their club an treat it like they would their own.




Although I put the decoy hawk out it make no difference to the pigeons in Leeds.

You may recall that I did some repairs before I went away but as there were two matches to be played Sunday and Monday I didn't put the germination sheets on which meant the pigeons have had a feast while I have been away. The only seed that appears to have germinated is that that fell down the holes.


I managed to cut the square and brush and cut the outfield which smartened things up a little.

You may recall the "Seed Trials" I was doing before they got vandalised, well I started some more at home this time and below are a couple of photos.


These photos do not do the colour justice the greenest is "Accent" the next is "Top Gun" followed by "Colosseum" -which is a cold season cultivar- Accent is more compact and maybe a slightly broader leaf.
These trials were sown on the 6th July just 2 weeks before I took the photos.

Its just stopped raining so early lunch then down to ground to get some more done. Seconds at home tomorrow and or T20 side playing in play off semi on Sunday and with a bit of luck in the final.
Hodgy

2 comments:

  1. On your side Hodgyman! Any club belongs to its members but the members usually don't understand what that really means...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Greydog. Looking forward to having a beer with you on Presidents-day if not before.

    ReplyDelete