Wednesday 11 July 2012

No More Rain Please

Well a week since my last entry this is not how I thought the blog would be but nor is the "Summer".
Last week I was busy building "Magic Sponge's" and fabricating the spare foams ["Magic Sponge"the water mopping machines I designed and started manufacturing about13 or 14 years ago]


Here is the one I built for Sheriff Hutton Bridge C C they now have two machines so must be please that they do the job, they are the least expensive machine of its type on the market and as I don't advertise them any more I an constantly surprised by the number I keep selling -maybe I shouldn't be this summer.



This was the ground Wednesday morning after the Juniors had played on Tuesday night score board and bowlers markers left out,  I just wish they would take possession of their club and look after it as though it was their own.
The rest of the week is just pictures of lakes on the field although we did get a T20 match started on Thursday night only for it to be rained off after about 10 overs.






Friday saw the ground under water but I had sheeted so there was an option of two possibly three pitches to play on on Saturday. I was away at a family wedding so could not help however the lads re mowed and marked to get a game on.
I am sure you have see lots of photos like this on Facebook and Twitter this season where you can follow me on Twitter @hodgyleeds
Yesterday Tuesday I went with Anne my wife, daughter Louise  and grand daughter Annabelle to the
"Great Yorkshire Show" it was wet under foot but not too bad and when it poured down for a good half hour we were just about to pass the "Black Sheep" tent so every thing worked out well for a change and I was able to sample some of their fine ales [well not as good as Wensleydale of course] but much better to get wet in side than out.
Next post which should be soon will show some pitch renovation that I started on Monday this week but this happened before I could finish.

Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment