Friday 13 July 2012

Prayers Not Yet Answered -Still Raining.

Well last post I said that I had started some pitch repair work on Monday when it rained me off, well the same happened today so I will have to go down to ground tomorrow morning and finish off marking out three pitches for the next few couple of days #nolieinbedtomorrow.
Below are a few pictures of the pitch repairs I have done this week.


The first thing I did was to cut them down to nearly playing height I then spiked them as deep as the 3/8" tines would go, seeding next with top quality dwarf perennial rye grass I specially selected to suit my requirements.

Seed  in the spreader, this way give an even distribution.


I then changed the tines to the cluster heads set then to a depth of around 1/4"-5/16" [6-8mm for you young ones]. And went over the pitches -three of them- numerous time to create pockets for the seed to fall in.





It was shortly after completing this task that I got rained off, so the seed was left on the surface. No wonder then, that this is what I came back to on Wednesday when I returned to try and complete the job.
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0




Bloody Pigeons! and Sea Gulls apparently the gulls are in malt and like to be in an open area so they can look out for predators.
Thank you Mr Singleton for this gem, I have always wondered why they come at this time each year and settle on the square, now I know.
The pigeons are of course there to fill the crop with my very expensive grass seed, I think Nick Gladstone from Harrell's Seeds has sent them.


Mr Foggerty has plenty of seed at Headingley birds!  please feel free to go have a look.


Thursday was a half decent day so I put a little more seed down bushed it in put a light top dressing on and did some levelling of the ends, well as much as the 10 bags of loam allowed.
I also brushed the whole square and cut it along with the outfield these are the only photos I took.

Thursday night I went along to watch our guys play in the T20 game at the Old Yorkshire Post ground against Headingley and we suffered or first defeat of the competition but we have qualified for the semi finals  I think finishing second in the league section.

  Friday I delivered a "Magic Sponge" to Ben Rhydding C. C. and went to have a look at a used Pickup Truck I am thinking of buying.
I also delivered a brush to suit a Sisis Lawnman that I had made for them, if any of you out their need one Sisis have stopped making them but I can supply them.

Brush attachment to suit Sisis Lawnman.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment