Monday 24 September 2012

More Deliveries and Start of Autumn Work

Week the 10th till the 15th September I spent delivering Loam here there and every where I had a new helper  Richie as Ben had to go in to University. I also faced up the final pitch of the season and cut the outfield it was for a second team game so it wasn't too difficult.

With the last game of the season out of the way, on Sunday the 16th I headed off to Lightcliffe C C to help my friend Rod Heyhoe out by scarifying his square there was a junior festival taking place that day so I didn't have to be there till 4-30 which was the schedule finish time but you guest it they were late.

Loaded up for trip to Lightcliffe 

Two game still in full swing at 4-30 Sunday afternoon.

 Just got to work after a few machinery problems.

Then the heavens opened. 
Please can you come back tomorrow Hodgy?
Off home with a promise to come back on Monday.
Monday and conditions were a bit better.
Why cant they take the pictures when I am breathing in?
#fatboy 

Ben following on with the brush to collect the rubish.

Steady progress.

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
Bang!


Toothed belt on Sisis RR600 snaps. I was already having problems with the double drive pulley and had put a new one on order, so I added a belt. In the mean time Rod took me down to Spen Bearing In Cleckheaton thankfully the had a suitable replacement.
Just another "Tribulation" or was it a "Trial"?
 Rod gets on with the seeding.

 Leaving his young fit helper to lift all the bags of loam.
I am sure Rod has lifted a few in his time.

Now seeded and top dressed. I hope it doesn't get washed away!
Off home, job one done just a day behind already.

I am going to leave it there, as rain is forecast for all day tomorrow so will post some more then I just wanted to whet your appetite.

A Short Prayer to St Swithins

(or whoever the Patron St of Groundsmanship is)
"Please after this awful summer, bless us with a few fine days, no frosty nights till at least November"
So we can scarify thy pitches and scatter the good seed on the squares
Amen
Hodgy
PS do you prefer the pictures in the larger format?
As above.

2 comments:

  1. good old spen bearings saved my bacon many a time..keep going hodgy ..9 left for me to do before holidays on the 7th of october!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7th October Bully! I hope you have done by then!
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete