Monday 10 September 2012

Raking Out the Last Pitch of the Season

Last Monday the 3rd September I raked out the last pitch of the 2012 season. It was for the 1st team match against Thackley last seasons Champions -though we finished level on points they won the title on fewer losses. This year it was a possible relegation battle I am pleased to say we totally out played them and gain 5 points to their 1 they were nine down but they survived the last three balls to salvage a single point.




 I cut and raked about five times followed by cutting and brushing around three times. I also got some rolling in to the pitch. I would normally have started this work on the Thursday previous but the weather was wet on the Thursday and Friday so it had to wait.

I also ran the mower over the adjacent pitch for Tuesday night training.
While I was there I got the gangs out and cut the outfield after brushing to disperse the worm casts.
I did get Ben doing some rolling one morning while there was some dew on the ground.

Then from Tuesday till Thursday night I was out and about delivering loam from Nidderdale to Calderdale and all parts in between.





The pictures above are the ground as I left it on Friday night after more brushing and cutting of the pitch and a couple of rolling sessions. I double cut the outfield which gives it that looked after checkered look which I like to do when I have time and the weather.

I have just found this photo on my phone it is one of the grounds we delivered to through the week.



Early Saturday morning "View from the Roller"




And we have play on what was as good a day as we have had all season long.
I am really busy at the moment and will be for the next four weeks or so so I may just have to post some photos and  have catch up when things are less hectic.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment