Monday 12 August 2013

Bertwhistle Cup Final

This next Sunday the 18th August we are hosting the second teams cup final. I have had the pitch earmarked all season long and have tried to give it extra attention when possible. This week I will be busy trying to get the ground up to standard for such an event. Last Friday we had a meeting with the league management and we went through the various things they require.



Above is the pitch last week It has had some early rolling about 3 to 4 hours  and has been raked out a couple of times. 
I want the square to look green and healthy so last week I fertilised with some Everris 9-7-7 Spring and Summer. we didn't get the rain I thought we might last week so on Friday I did some hand watering -not sure how much it would have helped as I only have a 1/2" bore pipe.

 Fertiliser in Spreader ready to go 
I still have some of these to sell Stainless Steel £120-00 each well worth it, no rotting frames.

Everris 9-7-7 applied at 1oz per Sq Yard I could have gone up to 2oz but hedged my bets and I was right to because the rain, as I said didn't arrive.
I may give the square some liquid Iron some time in the week just to give it some colour we'll see.

Yesterday was the 1st teams Cup Final at Knaresborough C C a very low scoring game  
Burley in Wharfedale scored 87 all out Batting 1st 
Beckwithshaw then scored 72 all out 
I wasn't there but understand that it was a display of bowling of the highest quality from both teams.

I will try keep you all posted throughout the week as I progress with my work on the ground/pitch for final
The weather looks a little mixed but I think we should be OK in the main.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment