Thursday 15 August 2013

Double Cut Outfield

Wednesday
After sorting out a few emails I got down to ground about 9-30 and started to cut the outfield. After looking at the weather forecast I was slightly worried that I may not have the time later in the week to complete this 5 hour task so I got on with the job.


First job was to clean the air filter all this dry weather creates a lot of dust and I don't want it getting into the engine. Look how much came out.



Job done I moved on to the pitch.

Pitch nothing had been done on it since Monday drying out and firming up nicely all on its own.


I mowed to 6 mm same as Monday, if you look closely you can see the mowing line I mover lapped the machine by about 3/4 Just to try keep a consistent even looking surface.
You can see in the box how much I took off.

Bobbys Job is this groundsmanship lark.
I rolled for around an 40 minutes.
Then cleaned the sheets up a bit as they are stored under tress and were a mess full of water, slugs, snails and puppy dog tails.

Dont think this boy will be pestering me any more, rolled in to the pitch.

A few small surface cracks beginning tom appear I pushed a screw driver in to surface and after a little resistance at surface went in quite readily. You may also notice that the cracks are in an area a little light on grass cover.


By 5-00 pm the clouds were gathering by that time our club chair Nick and Jos had arrived to help me put the big sheet on.
So it was off home quick shower and tee then off to the IOG branch committee meeting at Cleckheaton.
This morning -Thursday-we have had rain over night not as much as I thought from the forecast which I am happy about.

Not sure just what I will be up to today depends on conditions when I get down there adaptability is the name of the game when dealing with nature as we groundsmen have to.

Keep smiling and don't forget to wind your watch.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment