Thursday 15 August 2013

Bertwhistle Cup Pitch

A wet morning so I though it would give me time to collect the new picnic benches we had purchased.
It took all morning and into the afternoon with taking sheets off then having to rush and get them back on again as we got an unexpected shower Boo!
so after lunch I took the sheets off again and got to work on the Bertwhistle Cup Final pitch for Sunday.

 After pulling the sheets off I brushed in the line of play with the Sisis Auto-Rota Rake I then mowed with the machine still set at 6 mm. Above you can on the left the part of the pitch I had mowed. 

 A closer view 
You can see the line the brush wheels leave along with the mowing imperfections that is why I overlap by about 3/4 of the mower width to try get rid of the lines.
You can also see in the grass box that I am actually taking some grass off it grows and turns green quickly under sheets.

 The clippings after the whole pitch was cut.

 I then got the roller out and gave it about an hour.
Above is the result.
And from the other end.
Look closely at the adjacent pitches, no stripes. 

 I am not sure how I want to present it on Sunday so I brushed the stripes into the two adjacent pitches
Is that better than just striping individual pitches as a block which is how I usually present it?
Not sure I will give it some thought.

From the opposite end.
Then it was re sheet and off home as I was making a trip to York for a mate.
Looking forward to tomorrow now.
Sleep well 
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment