Sunday 2 March 2014

Good News from ECB

We got some good news from the ECB they heard about the ten break-ins and have agreed a grant to go towards the security of the clubhouse. It has come from their emergency fund, we are very lucky to be getting it with all the floods around the country.

Tuesday or was it Wednesday  I was off up to the quarry to buy a tonne of 10mm gravel to backfill the drains.

I did some raking to help create a seed bed so I could get some seed in after filling the drains.

 Topping up going well.


Almost done.

Tuesday morning and some more vandalism. Lights ripped off wall. 
Why?
Sorry for poor photos taken with my ipad and the case was partially covering the lens.
Never make a photographer.

BBC back again.

BBC film crew with Nick Whitcombe the Crime Reduction officer at the back in the black coat, the bald guy is Dan the presenter, Richard in red and Graham in the gilet at the front, good guys all.

 Seeding time Hurrells 100% DPRG because thats what I had in stock best square mix sown at about 
1/2 oz per square yard -just for you young uns 15gms/square metre.

If you look closely you can see the seed, if you cant see it the pigeons will. 

I spread the seed with the fertiliser spreader (I still have some left for sale if any of you are interested at £120-00 plus VAT look up how expensive they are elsewhere.
After the seeding I also fertilised the square with a Autumn Winter with Iron..
I then brushed the square but I am afraid the photos came out very dark.
Ill post one just to see how it looks.

Square after fertilising and brushing,  a slightly manipulated photo.

Thomas Elliot fertiliser ready to go on.

Thursday was a painting day. 
This is another poor photo of a painting I have done of my Granddaughter from a photo taken at Castle Bolton when she dressed up in period clothes last Summer.

 Friday saw the third day of filming.


Friday also saw the fitting of our new high security doors. 
Ill have to start wiping my feet when I go in from now on.

 Door fitters got the job done in about three hours and a couple of pots of coffee.

Any Cricket Clubs out there want to make a real statement I can recommend these boys.
Things are looking up.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment