Sunday 9 March 2014

What a Difference the Sun Makes

Had a good couple of days Saturday at Farsley and Sunday at Kirkstall. 
The weather has been superb this weekend especially today which was the first of the year I have worked in T Shirt and Shorts

Kirkstall after brushing and cutting with my old Dennis gangs. I think I have flattened more than cut but with my Mastiff out of commission its the best I could do.
Cameras are brilliant things you cant see all the moss I have in the outfield.  
Who said you cant stripe moss.

 My good pal Henry is recovering for an operation here he is looking well and contented at home on Saturday I called to see him after cutting his square at Farsley Cricket Club.
Get well soon Henry.

 Farsleys square cut in two directions he has a good cover of grass all looking healthy no need to fertilise just yet I don't think.


The bearing in the bell housing of the Mastiff clutch has gone and as the club has a cash flow problem  I am trying to fix it but I cant get the centrifugal clutch plate off . I tried my little blow lamp to no avail so off I took it to a friend of my son who has a garage and kindly offered to help with the Oxy/Acetylene torch but I still couldn't shift it. Next move off to Thoroughbreds the garage I use (Antony's son plays in our juniors)
to see if they can help. I hope they have some long legged pulley pullers.


I took in my first delivery of the season of fertiliser on Wednesday and made some deliveries round and about. sorry no photos I forgot to take any but I was in a hurry.

 I think the BBC have done filming. This is Dan the presenter just got an edge.....think he should watch the ball next time not the camera .... sorry he is a television  presenter.

My seed trials continue this is a Dwarf Perennial Rye Grass call as you can see Meloni. 
Hurrells Seeds have a license to grow it for seed production on their own farm.
Remember the name Meloni  it may be one to watch.





A few more picture of today Sunday as the Mastiff is poorly I had to fire up the old 24" Atco to cut my square with. I set it at just under an inch for you young uns say 20 mm.
Just one more thing I declared today  
World Groundsmans Day 
so if you got a hug you know why. 
Sleep well. 
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment