Friday 21 October 2011

Nothing Ventured

Sorry this post is just about the practicalities of a Cricket Club. This morning I got a text from Cheryl -who runs or bar and generally organises events and lots of other things- asking if I know anything about the glass washer, any way to cut the chase I ended up tying to fix it which I did to a point. So alas not work on the ground.
This afternoon I will be taking two tonne of loam to a local school the idea is that tomorrow I and a colleague will be taking the top off and area to the side of the cricket square in order to create two new pitches. Yes I can hear you all saying this is far too late, however the school are fully aware of the situation and the risks involved in taking such work on so late in the year but if we have a mild spell we may well get away with it. The pitches aren't needed next year and the standard of Cricket is not that great so we can over sow in the spring time if required " nothing ventured nothing gained"!
I will try get some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment