Saturday 19 November 2011

"Its Just a Perfect Day"

I was not able to waste such a perfect day. Got down to ground around lunch time and brushed square and outfield. Then got on and spiked the square finishing off by brushing again.

First job I did was to brush the square and outfield with tractor mounted brush this is a stiff one which is almost rake like.


The field and square before I started.



Square after brushing.

Out with the groundsman spiker.

First few runs, because the grass is long about an inch long it looks like I have damaged the surface but I have only flattened the grass.


When I had spiked I brushed with the manual drag brush in both directions, to try get the grass to stand up again so if it rains it wont flatten and stick to the wet surface.




I have posted a few more photos than normal as I am going away on my holidays tomorrow so I though I would leave you all with something to look at while I am away because I will not be updating from Cuba. hopefully all the leaves will have fallen and blown away by the time I get back. 
  
Final look back before I go.
Just one more thing you may recall I spotted some disease the other day so I have arranged for my friend Martin from Complete Weed Control to spray for disease while I am away. Last year when I was away about a foot of snow fell and my square was covered for a number of weeks
when the it finally melted I had some snow mold, don't want that again or fusarium either.
See you all in just over two weeks. 
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment