Wednesday 9 November 2011

Office Work

As a self employed Groundsman I have to deal with my own accounts, invoicing, payments, VAT and the rest of it. As the weather has been poor over the last couple of days I have been getting on with such tasks
--I love it "not"-- Office work is not one my strengths nor is working indoors however it has to be done.

Tonight I am off to the IOG branch meeting at Cleckeaton Sports Club where we have the pleasure of a talk given by Henry Bechelet from the STRI. I understand his topic is his latest research in the turf industry what ever that is. Henry is a real character and I am looking forward to being entertained while I learn. These IOG meetings that David Robinson and Rod Heyhoe put so much time and effort into organising are very worthwhile and well supported. The last one in October that I was unable to get to was very well supported  with over twenty groundsman in attendance.  I will take my camera along and get some photos may be I can post them.
I have not been to ground for last two days so no photos of a damp, dull and dreary ground to put up so here are a few from my album.


Pool Cricket Club after Korroing 14th Sept I was involved in this project and had the task of making a seed bed seeding up, top dressing etc I tell the full story some time this winter when things are slow.

All seeded, fertilised, top dressed and leveled 19th September.

Same square first cut 15th October.


These photos were taken around two weeks ago and I understand it is ready for mowing again.


Maybe it's the artist in me but I like these views from strange angles this is still Pool C C.
Thursday is a painting day so no updates tomorrow. 
I am hoping to get on with some of my contract aeration work by the end of the week so I will upload details as I progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment