Sunday 13 November 2011

Saturday

Saturday I had to replace some roofing felt on my garden hut at home, that took up all of the morning and in to the afternoon. I finally got down to the ground at about 2-30 pm which left me with only a small window to get on with some work. I decided to mow the net area with the rotary mower, which would also pick up the leaves, however I found that the blade was hitting the side of the metal frame. So out came the spanners to fix it. That sorted I realised that I needed so more petrol, so I had to put every thing away lock up and go the the petrol station. What a nuisance to put it mildly! Oh the frustrations! Yes I should have filled it when I used the last drop but that's life get on with it David!

At last I got going, the conditions were a little on the wet side however I did want to get all the leaves up and the grass topped so I went for it.

Job done, this photo was taken with the flash on it was so dark that is why the foreground looks so light coloured.
While I was down  I had my usual inspection of the square and I am pleased to report that the areas that had the oil damage from the vandalism we experienced way back in the summertime is starting to get a cover of grass as you can see from the pictures.

I am also pleased to say that I have no disease despite the mild damp week we have just had.


This photo is the same area on the 24th October so you can see how it is now filling in well. This is a relief as I was thinking that I would still have a bare area next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment