Wednesday 14 December 2011

Not Much Happening on the Grounds

The forecast for today was poor so when I got up and the morning was fine with some sunshine I planned to go spike T.A.B.S. C.C. square, at lunch time -cause that's when they could get the gate unlocked for me.

Martin my friend from Complete Weed Control visited late morning we had a look at the square together then thought better of it as it was freezing so we retired to the tea room and had some black coffee -no milk available- by the time we had finished it was hailing and looking very black over Bill's mums house. So I made the executive decision to cancel the spiking job. In the afternoon I went round to our Chairman's house to collect some tables the Siddall Bros had obtained from the Skyrack pub in Headingley as they are having a refit. They will come in handy at club1853.

The Siddall Bros Presidents Day 2011.
Big job for one man and one very small mowing machine.

Not Cricket -just to get some practise in for all those Christmas quiz's-  where in the world could this be? It is a self taken photo. Look at the end of the post for the answer.

Taken at the same venue if you click on the picture you will see the names.

The above photo is for Mr. K Bowie in Oz. It is a better view - than previously posted- of the hole that the fox is digging above the drainage system. What a pain!

I have posted this picture so you can see how dry things were at the end of August look at all the areas of the outfield that I had lost grass cover from, they got seeded and I now have grass thankfully.
Back to the quiz.

This is a big clue.
Yes you got it, its the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment