Friday 23 December 2011

Wet Day

This will be the last post for a while over Christmas. This morning I went down to club to meet Andy the Plumber as we had a couple of leaking radiators,while I was there I just had to have a walk round it was pouring down.

I tried to be clever with this photo I had it on sport setting trying to capture the rain drops photography was never one of my strengths. Beyond the fence is a Rugby pitch owned  and "maintained" by Leeds City Council. The thought just occurred to me that next season at our ground we will be hearing the cheers and shouting that goes on at Rugby League games, as amateur Rugby League is to be played in the Summer. I wonder if that will Impact on Cricket in any way.
Square looking a little on the yellow side I need to get some liquid iron and seaweed on will do that after Christmas now. I have sold a lot of fertiliser this autumn have topped up once and need to do again I have not a single bag in stock and three other clubs as well a me are in need so that's another job lined up.

Square another view.

Very wet standing water in the slightly low areas at the bottom of the square, you need to enlarge just click on the picture.
You can see the yellowing well on this photo. 
  

Standing water on outfield.


Net area not looking too bad.

More standing water outside machinery store.
As soon as I get back to work I have a few squares to spike some for a second time, get the iron and seaweed on my square then I need to concentrate on getting some air into the outfield slitting or spiking maybe verti-drain if we can afford it.
Happy Christmas every one enjoy your break and forget about your grounds for a day or two.
 Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment