Saturday 17 December 2011

TABS More Aeration

Thorpe Arch and Boston Spa what a mouth full -that's why it is known as TABS- A cold frosty night but a sunny day here in Leeds made me motivate myself to get out and get the square at TABS spiked. I didn't leave home till 11-00am the late start would allow any frost to thaw before my arrival. Actually that is true but a bit of Bull S..t -I had a lay in... well why not on a Saturday in December.
A smallish ground surrounded by house's with a good feel. TABS are a club on the rise they have a massive junior section and in 2012 will be fielding 4 senior teams on a Saturday it is good to see.
The square on arrival.

Nice bit of sunshine.

You may be thinking why do I work across the square rather than stump to stump. Well you have fewer turns which take up more time and if there is any mess it is at the turns. I very much dislike artificial pitches on the square they make ground work difficult and look awe full -I think- I understand that they have there uses but at the cost of more than £6000-00 -I think- How many time a season are they used? I am not sure that they are value for money. Whinge over now.

Nice blue sky.. The little score box is behind the trailer it has a lovely clock above it which, I like to see at Cricket grounds. It is interesting to note that it is an hour fast -it will be correct when they start to play Cricket here in the Spring time.
That's all for now folks sorry it is a bit repetitive at the moment I either don't post or I repeat some of the processes. Which is the best? You tell me. You can email me direct if you don't want or find it hard to post on the blog. david.hodgson9@btinternet.com

2 comments: