Sunday 26 February 2012

Back to it.

After my few days away I was feeling guilty this morning so around lunch time I went down to the ground and started to mow the outfield. I have been keeping off it as much as possible after some spiking and slitting work. Before mowing I brushed with the six foot tractor mounted unit to try and spread the worm casts and get my stripes back in place.


The place looks a lot tidier when the stripes are in place this is after I had mown one side of the square.

My machine was set at 1" height of cut -in theory- how ever if you look at the front roller about 1/2" of worm casts had accumulated on the front roller making the height of cut a lot higher than the machine setting.


This is how much I scraped off after cutting just one side of the square.


I managed to get two sides of the square completed and the square brushed and mown fro the first time this year with the Mastiff.


I brushed the square in one direction and cut in two across and in line of play.

I want to get the outfield finished and treat the square with liquid seaweed and iron tomorrow if time permits in between sorting out some paper work -VAT - I am cant believe the temperature it has been today it was like spring. Last spring I had the boys on grass in the practise nets before the end of March and that's not far away now.


You will need to enlarge this picture. Here is another sign that spring is just around the corner frog spawn
They have a way of knowing what is happening with the weather so I am hoping they have got it right and winter is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment