Saturday 25 February 2012

A Few Days Away

As per my last post I have been with my wife Anne up to the Lake District for a few days and the weather did what it always does in the Lakes rain. We travelled up on Sunday a lovely sunny day, arriving about tea time after lunch in Settle on the way.
Monday we got up to rain and low mist, this is looking up from the village of Grasmere.

Looking down the Main Street Grasmere.


While we were up there the national news was telling of drought in the South East of the country. I think all that is needed is one large diameter pipe from up here and the drought problem is sorted forever.


Thursday and the sun came out -well it did on the hill top- so of we went for a walk.


My daughter her partner and granddaughter arrived so we had to go feed the ducks.

This is where we spent a lot of time in the Lamb Inn -my daughter and her partner are at the bar- mines a pint of Red please.

Interesting road sign in the village of Grasmere.


Friday, coming home day and the sun comes out -story of my life. This is Bowness on Lake Windermere we called on the way home.
I have a bit of paper work to catch up on -including my VAT- which I intended finalise on Monday and then get on to the ground, so I should be back with grounds stuff then.


No comments:

Post a Comment