Friday 17 February 2012

Still Spiking

Today, on a spring like morning I was off to Crossgates Bowls Club to continue their spiking program.
I had a call from Pete the groundsman at Crossgates Bowling Club on Thursday night asking if I could get up there and spike the green for a second time this year, so I loaded up and off I went.
Here is the green on my arrival freshly mown the day before -not looking bad.

Conditions were ideal, not wet on the surface but sufficient moisture to take a spike -in fact it took a good depth I was getting down to around 31/2" -think that is around 87mm for you young ones out there.


I was using the triple head on the groundsman spiker with 3/8 tines -you metric junkies will have to work that one out for your selves. Above you can see the hole patter -better if you enlarge the picture.


Job done, you can hardly tell Ive been apart from a few thousand holes ("Ten thousand holes in Blackburn Lancshire" -first to post with the song title wins a special prize -details to follow)


Machine off the green and ready to load up and off. Nice steady job for a Friday.
I am going away for a few days next week to the Lakes so there may be no updates while I am there we'll see. 


2 comments:

  1. Four thousand holes?!!?

    Have a good holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 out of 10 Rashers pleased you are reading. You win the special prize a four hour ride on the Animal ring to arrange date and time.
    from a wet Grasmere time for the pub I think.
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete