Monday 25 June 2012

Bits and Pieces


I took these photos last Tuesday I am not sure what this crow was doing but he was in the squat position for some time,so I took his photo Looks like I had some dirt on the lens -never make a photographer.





This was the ground last Friday the seconds were at home on the Saturday but no one is interested in helping me sheet so the whole square was just wet through. Friday night it rained some more so when I got down -without my camera- on Saturday morning there was still too much water for me to mop up so the game was cancelled.
The first team were at Thackley and played, it was remarkably dry, we got a loosing draw chasing 225 we got just over 200 for 9 at the close.



This morning Monday I was at Cleckheaton C C delivering a roll of germination sheet here is John one of the two groundsmen fixing the scarifier the pitch he has done will not be needed again this season so he had spiked and scarified he was going to seed and top dress when I had gone.


Looking across the square



John was changing the scarifier reel for the brush.


After Cleackheaton I went home had some lunch did some banking and went down to my ground at about 3-00pm.
The outfield had not been mown since last Tuesday due the wet weather I was loosing my stripes and a load of leaves had blown off the trees.


So I got out my power brush to collect some of the leaves and rubbish from the outfield.
Then in order to get my stripes back and distribute the worm casts I brushed the whole of it with the heavy duty brush.

 Tractor with the heavy duty brush from Brushes North West fitted.


By the time I had finished the juniors were arriving for training. Time to get off home for tea- which for the next two weeks I will have to make for myself due to Anne watching Wimbledon what a pain.
Tomorrow I want to get a little further with the prep of Saturdays pitch and cut the outfield, now I have dropped the casts and got the stripes back

Cricket meeting Tuesday night first full one since April, a lot to talk about could be a long session starting at 6-00 pm
Hodgy

1 comment:

  1. I think the crow was trying to dry off hodgy,, looking at those pics its been ,,, whats the word,,,,,,ah........ WET thats it...........

    ReplyDelete