Tuesday 5 June 2012

Some better weather prospects for July and August

As I write this entry it is raining and I have a game tomorrow -Wednesday, a T20 Thursday night two games on Friday one on Saturday and one Sunday. The forecast for the rest of the week is mixed so it looks like I will be stressed out again, just when I thought we could expect a little better weather.
Today I have cut the outfield faced up and rolled tomorrows pitch and prepared a practise pitch for this evening, I have not taken any photos as I though they would be nothing more than repeats.

If you are a groundsman or weather watcher you may be interested in the following link it is an excellent site for getting the forecast it was passed on to me by ex Headingley groundsman Keith Boyce, who tells me that Jason Booth the Leeds Rugby Groundsman -at Headingley-  uses it.
This link is directly to the Summer forecast and is a little more encouraging for July and August. 
Lets hope they have got it right.

0
0
0
0
0
0
0

At this time of year I cant find time to paint or draw but I think about it a lot, along with my artist friends who I miss in the summer time.
I complain about a little rain, this lady has to live out side in all weathers and on much higher ground than Leeds.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment