Thursday 14 June 2012

More Poor Weather

Not much to new to post, on Monday/Tuesday I cut and raked out a pitch I intended to use for the first team on Saturday and got some rolling into it. Tuesday was also a practise day for the Leeds Met boys
-who played in the BUCS semi final at Kirkstall against Leeds Uni on Wednesday and managed to win the last pair putting on over 50 runs to win in the last over-
Tuesday night was also practise for our seniors they used the pitch the Met boys had, it was wet but did a job. I sheeted up Tuesday night and a good job I did because we had a fair amount of rain over night but the pitch was dry Wednesday morning. 
I am short of photos as I am getting very forgetful and keep forgetting to pick up my camera when I leave home.

 Rain clouds gathering over Pool

 Thursday saw me at Pool Cricket Club again, cutting and raking out a pitch for the 1st team a week on Saturday.

  The rain blew over and the sun made a brief appearance before I left.
The weather forecast is poor for Friday and right through the weekend, so I have today sheeted up in the hope that if it does stop raining we can get a game on.

I have just seen the Met Office have issued a wet weather warning for our region on Friday and Saturday.



Lets hope the sheets do the job and keep the pitch dry.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment