Sunday 3 June 2012

Mixed Week

Thought it was time I posted before you started thinking I had lost interest or gone on holiday.
This last week was a mixed one in terms of weather and fortune. On Tuesday I was watering, on Wednesday I was sheeting our weather is so very changeable -I have seen that we could get a frost overnight tonight after rain the whole day long.
On Wednesday my pickup failed its MOT on the headlight motor that adjusts to suit different van loads and a steering arm so I was without it for two days and that's a real pain.


Tuesday senior practise night, above you can see the pitch which is well worn and I need to get a new one raked out and prepared but time has prevented so they had to manage. You can see the size of the cracks, it was very dry I didn't roll it for fear of it crumbling. It is amazing how much work is involved looking after just one small cricket club.






Wednesday I had a Leeds Met Uni game it is now the knock out competition they are now playing in and as the draw would have it the first team were playing against the second team. Above is the ground on Tuesday night just about ready.
As my van was at the garage for two day it upset my routine and I got no further photos taken, as a consequence this is a short post I will try to do better next week.
Hodgy
Reminder to me; fertilise the square when back at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment