Tuesday 16 April 2013

A Destruction of Cricketers

Had a good day down at the Field of Dreams today with the help of Steven our overseas player, so good that I forgot to take any photos till I was on my way home.
Anyway what I did take are below and as you can see
"A Destruction of Cricketers" 
arrive, after not seeing a lot of them since the last game back in September last year.




















Its been a very windy yet pleasant day today and with the help of Steven I got the marks in for mowing the outfield -it takes an age on your own. Brushed the outfield and mowed it with the gangs.  
Steven put a patch in the artificial so I wouldn't catch it with the mower and it would be safe to field over he also cleared away some rubbish and rolled the pitch for the training session.
We both then put the nets up and it was a task in the gale-force wind we had to put four guy lines on some posts.
I then left em to it I hope they enjoyed a good session.
Now the players and sun are back it just needs the swallows and it will feel like its the Cricket season.
Rain forecast tomorrow but will it be enough?
I might need to water!
Cheers
Hodgy

1 comment:

  1. Hodgy. Saw my first swallows today at Lightcliffe. Summer here at last??.

    Wind blew our mobile covers off the pitch and over the five foot high dry stone wall last night. Lots of damage. Keep up the great work you are doing. Rod

    ReplyDelete