Saturday 20 April 2013

Contractors and Break in

Thursday was a very hectic day I arrived at the ground at 7-00 am to meet Jonathan Smith from 
JMS Sport UK to sort out details of two artificial pitches we are having installed.

After out initial discussion I noticed that the club house window was broken. Yes another break in TV spirits and a kettle you wouldn't take to the charity shop had all gone.
I phone the police and awaited their arrival along with the joiner to board up and order a replacement window. At about this time the flooring fitters contractors to Greenholme Mills carpets arrived so I sorted them out next.

 Police arrive an we think we have found a trace of blood -all getting really exciting now-



It turned out to be black current juice, according to the SOCs guy when he arrived, oh dear!



Meanwhile the flooring guys are getting on cutting lino and screening the floor.
About this time the Leeds Met guys arrive for a training session but I have to disappointing them as I have no grass pitch available the had given it a right going over Wednesday and I need to have something for all.
They did some fielding drills and hit a few balls against nets.




 Smithy being camera shy, he knew the police were around.

Work progress's on the artificial pitches.

All in all Thursday was a very hectic one for me and I didn't get a chance to catch up with a lot of my groundsmen friends who were also having a bad day. 
It had been gale force winds in and around Leeds and I got feed back from Pool, Otley, Lightcliffe, Farsley, Beckwithshaw,  that they had lost sight screens mobiles nets frames and various pieces of equipment.

My thoughts were with you guys struggling after the late spring and all to get things ready for the first League game of the season.

Just one more challenge for a most underrated profession/job.
Chin up boys the season is here.
Enjoy.
That's all I have time for now will try keep you up to speed as things progress with artificial.
+
PS
Had a report from Rod Heyhoe that he saw the first Swallow the other day so I can officially declare that the
Cricket season is here.
   

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you where able to start the job in the end if that was blood you may not of been able to start the job for some time.

    ReplyDelete