Tuesday 9 April 2013

First Pitch

I have been busy with IOG Course, Cricketforce Weekend, building up machinery to full fill my 
order book and sorting out the decorating/workmen to complete the work in the ladies toilets. 
This means that I don't have much material to post.

 Two seasons ago Pool in Wharefdale  Cricket Club replaced their sight screens, by some sort of deal involving no money but work in lieu I acquired them for my Club Kirkstall. 
We have had them reduced in height to match the hedge they are in front of -don't worry they are high enough as they are on a bank. Repainted, refaced with plastic soffit, and put new wheels on them. 

 This was Saturday after we had finished them here is Steven Gornall  who was my able assistant along with Joe Brown aka "Mad Dog" and Liam Mulliagan.
Notice Steven is happy he has a bottle of beer lucky man.


This is me tiered and in need of a beer typically "grumpy" so might say.
Any way I am pleased with the recycled screens and the work we got through completing them in a day.





One of the last jobs we did on Saturday was to get the club flag out and raised. 
We invited or overseas player perform the duty as you can see above.
The season starts in seven days from the photo.

Sunday I had off with the family as I had worked right through Easter with out a day off.


Monday I cut out the pitch for Saturday at the edge of the square and not the best I have produced but it should do its job and get the boys a hit in a match on grass before the league kicks off on the 20th April





This pitch will become the under 15s pitch after Saturday.
Rain is forecast Wednesday night and Thursday so I will have to sheet up.

The grass is so brown with all the cold frosty weather we are having I cant remember a night that we haven't had frost and its well into April. 

Its is set to get warmer this weekend lets hope it is here to stay and the swallows arrive and all will be well with the World.
Keep smiling.
Its nearly here.

Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment