Sunday 14 April 2013

Cricket but not at Kirkstall

There had been a mix up so the game that I thought I was staging at Kirstall was played at Baildon where it was originally planned. A bit of a bugger as I was well on with preparation when I found out.
So below are  a few pictures of the game.



I was late in getting up to Baildon as I had been working most of the morning at club sorting out the ladies toilets so they were in a usable state for Saturday night.

For anyone who doesn't know Baildon its is on top of the moors and very exposed. 
It was obvious that the groundsman had been struggling to get the ground in a playable state, the outfield had been cut with what looked like a ride on rotary and was still very long.  
I work down in the valley as it were which is a very different world,  as I was travelling to the ground there were places that still had snow under the walls

It was about fair for the first innings then the rain came at tea, so after an extended interval the umpires lead the players on for the second innings -our turn to bat- we were chasing 162. It rained for most  it yet sportingly the umpires and Baildon stayed out in the field giving us the chance to get the practice -and the runs- we needed 

The above and the next picture are of Stevem Gornall our overseas who played a few promising shoots before getting out caught.







Game over we result not important though we win, well done boys.








It was then off home a quick bit of food then down to the club for a few beers.
Sorry no turf stuff to report I have been busy building machines, delivering and collecting, and working to get the ladies toilets completed for the season proper which starts next weekend.
+
+
This next week I have 
Tuesday-Training Kirkstall
Wednesday- Leeds Met Uni Training 
Thursday- Leeds Met Uni Training
Friday- Under 11s Match
Saturday- 2nds  Kirstall
Sunday- Under 15s Match  

All in all with the toilets to finish and all the ground work I will be busy. 
Rain forecast on Wednesday, oh well at least it should be warmer 15 degrees for tomorrow "tropical" but still windy for a day or two yet.

Remember the old proverb boys

'Ne'er cast a clout till May be out'

Could still get some cold weather.

Will try to remember to get some photos this week so I can update when I have a minute.

Till then
Bye Bye  
Every body
Bye Bye 
Hodgy


1 comment: