Tuesday 2 April 2013

What is all the Fuss About?

 Well I have been sat on the roller every day over the Easter weekend getting frozen stiff and putting the world to rights -well in my mind- it is a brain numbing job as anyone who has rolled for any length of time will tell you.





 The above photos were taken Easter Monday after rolling.

 We are having an electronic scoreboard fit by Paul one of the club members who is a Systems Engineer
Looking at all those connections I think I will stick to cutting grass 
 Here he is proud as punch he got all the wires in the right terminals. Well done Paul I am looking forward to seeing the scores on the patio remotely controlling the score box.
Please may I have a remote controlled Roller?




 Bright but cold today Tuesday after having a meeting with Jonathan Smith from JMS Sports regarding the installation of a couple of artificial pitches at the bottom of the ground. I got on with brushing and cutting the square 
The three photos above were taken on the "Magic" setting on my camera.





After the square I got on with brushing and cutting the outfield, I only flew over it with the mini gangs but it has tidied the place up no end. 
Tomorrow I fear I will be back on the roller, the square is now firming up and I was just thinking 
"What is all the Fuss About"
Ha Ha!

We were due to have a pre-season friendly away at Baildon but they have said their ground is not fit so I am trying to get a pitch out at Kirkstall if I can.
Keep Rolling 
Hodgy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hodgy,

    You mentioned an artificial wicket. What should be done to maintain them each year and thru the season? My clubs is about 4 years old and has some variable bounce

    Thanks

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam
    I have sent you a direct email
    Hodgy

    ReplyDelete