Sunday 25 March 2012

Brilliant Weather

On a beautifully Saturday Ben came down to do some rolling on the net area. It is much wetter than the square so there was plenty of moisture to roll out.

The bowlers blocks are given extra rolling in the hope of them lasting longer before they need filling.

While Ben was on with the rolling I fit the brush to the tractor and brushed the outfield and square -there was a heavy dew.

I then fit the "Thatch Control Reel" to the "Rotorake" and "Verticut" the square in two directions.


I then cut the square in two directions.

Back to my seed trials. The following pictures speak for themselves you can read the labels.


I think it is time to mow the  "Top Gun".


Scorer's view.


Groundsman's view from beneath the score box where the roller is stored.


Across the square.
Time for home.
Things are getting busy now so posts may be a bit irregular however I will do my best.
This week on Thursday is the preview of my art exhibition at Woodhall Hills Golf Club, Calverley, Leeds.
Below is the poster you are more than welcome to come along at any time including the preview. It would be nice to see you there. Today is the first day of British Summer Time with weather like this I say bring it on.

We are donating a percentage of every sale to the Soldiers Charity.
Feel free to come along and have a look.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment