Tuesday 13 March 2012

Started Rolling

On a beautiful Sunday I fired my roller up and rolled around five hours, across the square. I took my camera but the battery was flat so I only managed to get a couple of photos before it went completely.


The roller had not been started since last September so I greased round and topped up the oil -I should really change it- and got it fired up.
Tip- if you have an old crank start diesel -as ours is- put a fan heater so it blows on the engine in such a position as it can warm up the oil in the engine -which is thick when cold- this will have the effect of thinning it and making starting much easier. 


Second photo before my battery ran out.

Monday I spent on a visit to the STRI grass seed trials at Bingley. I found it both educational and interesting did my colleagues . I didn't get any photos I am which is a shame as the trial bed are all visually very different. We also got a tour of the labs where chemical and physical soil tests are carried out. Well worth the effort and  a big thank you to my seed supplier Jo from Harrell's and the STRI.

Talking of seed trials these are mine I have shown you them on a previous post. I feel sure you can read the labels- they look better when you enlarge the pictures- all sown on the 15th Feb photos taken today the 6th March.


These are the other pots I have been growing you have seen them on a few occasions before however this time I have taken them out of the out pot which shows the root coming out of the bottom of both pots. the first is Cachemire/Carnac/Sauvignon and the second is Colosseum you need to look very close and you will see the length of root on both samples. it is also still very noticeable how Colosseum is out growing the other mix.
Today I have been working away in the gents toilets again I will be pleased when they are finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment