Friday 30 March 2012

Water and Roll

Tuesday at the Field of Dreams

Watering with the travelling sprinkler it follows the hose pipe full length of the pitch which can take up to three hours. 


Here are the first two pitches I will use and they had just had about an hours roll each. If you look closely you can see the difference because the grass which is still at around an inch long is flattened by the rolling process.


The net area also got more rolling around three hours I recon they are firming up well now.


I have had a busy week with my art work, preparing for my exhibition -assembling boards, hanging work a and staging the preview, so spent limited time at ground.
I have just looked at the weather forecast and although it is cloudy and quite cool at the moment I see that the sun is to come out and should get to about 14 degrees, which I will settle for in March. So I will get off down and get some mowing done.
My paintings have to be taken down on Saturday then I am at Lightcliffe preseason dinner followed on Sunday by the YCBGA Seminar and AGM at Cleckheaton -lots on at the moment.
Soon the season will be here now and you will be able to see the results of all you Autumn and Winter work.
See you next post.
Hodgy


No comments:

Post a Comment