Monday 19 March 2012

More Rolling

After a doing few job at home I got down to ground about 10-00'ish  the first job was to repair the top radiator hose on the tractor while the roller was warming up. Last week the radiator hose got a hole in it.  I thinking I would be able to get some sort of car hose that I could make fit I soon discovered that it was not as simple as that so I bought a Hose Repair Kit and some Radweld from Halfords.
Tools for job all  ready to go.

Job done radiator  topped up radweld included.


Leave engine running on tick over for 10 minutes and the jobs a good'un. while I was doing this job, which took not much longer that ten minutes, I had put the fan heater under the engine cover to heat up the roller to make it easier to crank -I am getting old and hand cranking can be very hard work.


Electric fan heater in place under engine housing warming the oil up.
I don't intend to show you any more picture for the time being of the roller just to say I did 4 hours of rolling and it was cold.


When I finished -got fed up of- rolling I got the Mastiff out and mowed the outfield. The grass is growing quite well at the moment and has the fresh green spring look about it. That reminds me tomorrow 20th March is the Vernal -Spring Equinox -equal length day to night.


Many local Cricket Clubs get contractors in to gang mow their outfields but I believe that the presentation you get from using the Mastiff is worth the effort. I am still awaiting the delivery of the machines I sent off to be serviced they should be back by Wednesday I was told when I chased them up today.


That's enough photo's for now. Tomorrow I would like to do some more rolling then get to work on the net area behind the scorebox. I saw the weather forecast this evening and I think it should be another fine day.


No comments:

Post a Comment