Friday 16 March 2012

Flown By

This week has flown by, Monday I was at STRI, Tuesday and Wednesday working on the club toilets, Thursday painting with my artists friends and today a few odd jobs and more work in the toilets. Which means I haven't done any work on the field. 
This is how daft things are at small local cricket clubs while I was working in the toilets as a volunteer I was paying Ben to roll the square.
Ill never be rich

Wait till he gets the iPlayer set up, no ear defenders, supplied but not used.
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink! .

Sorting the tunes.


No doughnuts on the square please Ben!


I took this out of my dining room window just to wind Anne -my wife up- the squirrel stealing the peanuts. Well it served me right because when I showed it to her she said that I needed to fix the bird table. Another job -just what I needed.
And I want no comments about the state of the lawn, Anne looks after it.

I am quite pleased -well very pleased- with the grass cover this spring.
Here are a few boring photos of it may be you can just see that the fertiliser and iron are just kicking in, as for the first time in a while the square is greener than the outfield.







This afternoon Friday I went off to Pudsey St Lawrence to have a look at some work they want doing. I actually did my self out of some work by giving them the confidence to do the job themselves. They have asked me to quote them for there Autumn square renovation work, in the past I have supplied materials and scarified and they have sorted the rest. I cant believe it is only March and I have already got four clubs booked in for Autumn renovation work -not a ball has been bowled yet this season. Nothing like having a full order book.
I am hoping to get some ground work done tomorrow, would like to also work on Sunday, my Mother in Law is coming to stay for a day or two -at least I hope its for a day or two you never know.
Keep Rolling and wish me luck with my Mother in Law.
Hodgy

No comments:

Post a Comment