Friday 13 January 2012

Friday the 13th

Wednesday night I went to the IOG January meeting which included the AGM -yet again a top turn out around 40 guys turned up. Our speaker for the night was John Bentley who has played both codes of Rugby at the very top level, his talk was brilliant full of passion and very entertaining at the same time very enjoyable.
John Bentley -"Bentos" as he is known. Looks like he has just been asked a tough question.


The branch award was also made on the evening here is Ian Mather-Brewster presenting it to Bill Marshall of the T&A. Bill often gets branch meetings and events publicised in the paper and I am sure that that helps
-along with Rods efforts- to get the numbers at meeting that we do, well deserved.

When I arrived at the club late morning today this is what I found the staple from the score box door sawn and forced off . Yes another bloody break in, the door was closed so I dreaded opening it to see what would have gone.

Here is the staple that had been sawn and forced off.


Where the rusty patch and the box on the floor is used to stand my air compressor, that I use to blow down machinery and blow tyres up. Sadly that's what they took I don't think anything else has gone. They have just taken a small general item that can be sold in the local pub. Its not what they take but its the damage they do physically and mentally -because believe you me it is really deflating when it happens to you. So the rest of the day was spent with the police and repairing the hasp and staple getting new pad locks and fitting. I have called this blog Trials and Tribulations  and today was both. Having got the job sorted I went off home  unlocked the door and went in only to hear the burglar alarm piping - now we have recently had it repaired and Anne has changed the code- so yes you've got it the alarm starts blasting out -I had been told the number but I am very very old now and foregot it. Quickly on the phone to Anne but she is not good with her mobile and the battery was flat, however I raked my brain and recalled the number entered it and the alarm stopped Yes! sorted. I made myself a cup of coffee, logged on to the computer and was about to upload today's photo's when a knock come on the door and there were three policemen. Some one in the street had rung the police because the alarm had gone off and the light was still flashing at the front of the house - how am I to know that the alarm needed resetting.
Not that I am superstitious but it is
Friday the 13th.
Time to lock the door and have a tot of  good malt whiskey. 

6 comments:

  1. Jesus Hodgy what an awful day you've had! I can't type what I think of the people that would do that to you. I hope the whiskey took the edge off it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine you David. I can't stop laughing. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jon.
    We just have to battle on -whiskey wont mend anything but its very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat
    Thank you. I was frustraited by the alarm fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm, im thinking of some sort of bunker & barb wire system around the perimeter. Followed by a round of grenades ,may just be enough to keep the theiving scum at bay.

    Feel for you hodgy, Have a double on me......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have arranged with the sparky to come and fit a couple of security lights on the scorebox.

      Delete