Monday 23 January 2012

Zipp the Sparky

Sorry no posts for a few days, you have missed nothing due to weather and having to do other things I have not been down to ground for a while. This week as you groundsman will know is Harrogate Week BTME (British Turf Management Exhibition) the British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association annual exhibition where I go and just dream if I could only win the lottery. So I will be there on Tuesday and Wednesday any chance of much action on the ground are very low again this week.

This is Zipp the sparky he came down to the ground to fit security lights to the score box after our break in a few days ago.


My job was to hold the ladder, well when we started it was a nice sunny day but by the time Zipp had got up the ladder it was freezing cold and pouring down with sleety rain. I wasn't a happy bunny standing at the bottom just holding an aluminium ladder in that weather is no fun. Zipp took this photo of me when he came down part way through.

Back in side fixing the trunking.


Drilling the other side wall.


Scorers elevated view of the ground.


Looking toward the clubhouse from the score box.


Job done both working as they should be, thank you Zipp.

No comments:

Post a Comment